Skip to main content

ART SHOW BREWING

BREWING
11"h x 14"w pastel

The other day as I was listening to the radio while painting, overheard a commercial from an office supple store. Blew me away for they claimed clouds were scary. As you all might guess by now, I love clouds. After all if I didn't, I wouldn't be tripping over my feet all the time as I gaze upward while walking. (Sure could have saved me some skinned knees too!)

Anyway, back to the clouds... they are as unique as people. A cloud could be skinny, wispy, chunky or puffy and range from white to black and every other color in between. No two are alike and are so fascinating. And they move quicker than you can spit! You really notice that when you try to paint them for they never sit still.

So lately I have been plugging along creating art for my solo show, Frayed, opening June 10th at Ray Street Custom Framing and Gallery in San Diego. (This is where I will be also exhibiting the baby dolls, which I promise will show you at a later date.) The premise of the show is that there is always a glimmer of hope on the horizon during catastrophic times. Apropos for today's times, huh?

And featured here is one of my sunsets, Brewing for Frayed.

Comments

  1. Susan, so ominous...yet soothing. How can that be? the dichotomy is very entertaining to me. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is the sampling for your show, it will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.