Skip to main content

LUNCH TIME

A GRANNY

5" x 5" pastel
gold leaf frame + glass

$125.00 + $10.00 insured priority shipping

Today I went to Artist Valorie Barnard's home to paint. We always have such a great time painting side-by-side, as I instruct her of my untraditional technique with pastels.

Naturally we take mini-breaks to munch on food throughout the day. The hours just fly by and I believe that the food props entice us to take many more than necessary.

We worked diligently on apples and here is my completed colorful green, granny apple. Thought we're two health-conscience Artists?

Ha - fooled you!

I actually took along a bag of mexican donuts and pastries, but we ate the majority of them before much painting could be done. I do have to say, we moved quickly from the sugar rush.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.