Skip to main content

AND WHAT DO I SEE?


TOUCH OF RED
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel, glass, archival white matte & 8" square gold leaf frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR

I think I'll still hang around awhile in Catalina since it was so fun to get away and had caught myself daydreaming of my trip the last few days.

Notice the sunny sky and white clouds? Perfect weather to be traipsing around the countryside. Of course I wasn't exactly skipping while I was lugging all my gear. Who would think pastels are so heavy to carry? And can't forget the paper towels! A whole roll none the less, even though my face and hands were smudged for most of the day. Some day I'll learn to be a lady, but till then....

I did spy prickly pear and a wonderful tiny patch of red flowers nestled underneath a tree - such a grand splash of red!

Comments

  1. wow the color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie!
    Just got your newsletter - cool! Happy to see all the sold paintings - and rightly deserved.
    Took me a week, but see, got up the networked blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.