Skip to main content

A SUBDUED MORNING


A SUNRISE

4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" square archival white matte, glass + gold leaf frame

It's a holiday weekend and so many are out having a party, yet I had to shuffle off to work. I really didn't mind. I walked to today's job, which was over a three-mile jaunt. Once setting out, I get very absorbed into my thoughts and then the time flies. Actually this is when I get my most creative thoughts for have nothing else to distract me - except for the cars whizzing bye!

But my mood gets very somber, for I concentrate so intensely. Very similar to this pictured petite pastel. Sunrises are unlike sunsets for the colors are more subdued with the highlights at the top of the clouds. With a love for color, it takes quite a bit of patience to execute one.

And when I returned home, my husband had grilled pork ribs ready to eat!

Comments

  1. Susan, another fabulous piece! How would one decide which precious petite to buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Julie and Kelley! I've been busy framing some of this petite sunsets the past 2 days. It's amazing how different they look under glass! Really sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan--you always have such a way with clouds--and I wish everyone could see your work in person--they glow! I love the work of yours that I own--I used one in a still life set up for one of my workshops and people were trying to buy it..:))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!