Skip to main content

DINGHY GALORE


1, 2, 3 .... DINGHY

4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
white archival matte, glass + 8" petite gold leaf frame
SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR
Since I am on the topic of the Ocean, decided to create this petite pastel. The scene I captured is from my recent trip to the Town of Avalon at Catalina Island in search of wildflowers. The tiny beach has a few docks with dinghies tightly roped and crammed together.

If you remember - and do hope someone is out there is reading this, with many thanks - it rained nearly the whole time I was there. There were such wonderful clouds between the rain drops, yet overcast the majority of the time. And it was very overcast at this point, so I attempted to brighten the painting with splashes of bold color.

One good thing about a dinghy - there's no need to dog paddle!



Comments

  1. What a fun piece. There's something about all those splashes of color that make you what to paint them. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...so hard to imagine this is a petite piece...i bet it looks marvelous in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful piece, colours, composition, subject, all superb. Love to see it HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dynamic piece! Love all of the colors and angles of the boats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kelley, Julie + Sharon!
    Funny, I did create a similar larger painting about 8 years ago, after visiting Catalina on my first trip. Tirage Gallery sold it. Then I returned to Catalina a couple of weeks ago and struck by the scene after walking down a pier - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Gwen. I have my fingers crossed (and voted) for you - good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!