Skip to main content

A SAD DAY


TURMOIL

4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
I always take different routes when walking to see what kind of treasures I can find to work into my three-dimensional art. My husband is always dumb-founded over what I drag home, but you would be surprised what is laying around in the streets!

And today as I was walking, decided to take a stroll down a back alley that borders close to my home. I don't frequent down there too often, so was shocked when I saw graffiti on many of the buildings. I had heard rumors that the gangs were marking their "turf" and it definitely was colorful in that alley.

I must say that today was a very sad day, for my 'hood lost it's magical look.

Comments

  1. This piece is just...glorious. What a sky. Filled with everything but very cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your sad day...but happy for this painting! just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie + Kim!
    I believe there is a poetic beauty with graffiti, but this was ugly - very angry looking too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!