Skip to main content

A RACE, A BREATHE, AN ACCIDENT AND WISPS


WISPS + CLOUDS

4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame
SOLD- PRIVATE COLLECTOR
Do you ever get have a day where you are going 100 miles per minute and just can't catch your breathe? That was today.

I even managed to throw an accident into my daily routine! Today I raced to the post office, then patiently stood in line to buy stamps, while I tapped my toe to a snazzy tune - hey, anything to tolerate the wait! Then the postal worker insisted on figuring the costs in her head, when she had a perfectly good calculator sitting on her desk. Finally got the stamps and off I went. As I got to my truck, two men raced up to me and said they saw someone hit my truck and was parked at the end of the lot. Here I was in an accident and not even in my vehicle! All in all, the damage wasn't too bad, swapped info and off I went again.

I was home just a couple of hours and received a call from my Mom in North Carolina asking me if I was okey after my accident! I said, "How did you hear this?" Apparently my brother - who lives in Pennsylvania - read it on Facebook! Fast-traveling news.....

With it a day of whirlwind activity, thought this sky was appropriate with it's very flat ground and a wild flurry of movement in the sky.


Comments

  1. Thankfully you weren't in the car. And you did another gorgeous sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan -

    Love the life and color in this one -- just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kim + Nancy!
    Yes, I was lucky not to be in the truck, yet not very exciting, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!