Skip to main content

HOLIDAY NEARLY GONE

SENTRY AT SUNSET
14"h x 10"w pastel - 20"h x 16"w gold leaf frame

Amazing how quickly the days roll by. And with a long holiday weekend, it seemed to go by quicker than usual. Is it from too much good friends, fun and food?

I believe this painting, Sentry at Sunset is appropriate for the holiday has come to an end, as the sun sets at the end of the evening.

I do hope everyone had an enjoyable time.

Comments

  1. Oh Susan...another fabulous piece...just love the mood you have captured here! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie--this is simply gorgeous--your handling of silhouettes, skies and water--mmmm, mmmm, good--or I shoud say Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Girls!
    Dreama that almost sounds like a soup commercial. Truly appreciate both of your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!