Skip to main content

SAN DIEGO'S CHARM

BALBOA PARK
11"h x 14"w pastel

Today was another day of racing around. Even though I am out of breath, am delighted that I haven't been stumbling over my feet as usual. So what was I taking care of? .... running for an estimate to get my little truck repaired. Happy to say, it's getting closer to the shop!

So after trudging along this evening with some petites, decided I was loosing steam and better give it a rest. There is always tomorrow, huh?

With that said, I'm posting a painting that is in Tirage Gallery's hands, but still can be appreciated. The image is of Balboa Park, which in an earlier posting I wrote that this Park system houses a large number of the City's museums. This is a view across the lily pond as one looks towards the Visitor Center.

A wonderful place to spend a day!

Comments

  1. A favorite place painted by one of my most favorite artists! What a great combo. Tirage Gallery in Pasadena is lucky to have you. Would love to see this one in person--such a way with the pastels you have Ms.Susie--no wonder your work was featured on the COVER of the International Pastel Magazine...:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this one looked familiar. I was fortunate enough to to see this one and several others of yours at Tirage. They look wonderful in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice things to say Dreama and Julie! Thanks...

    And there are so many talented artists out in the world - especially you two! - that I'm just plugging along with pastel sticks clutched in my sweaty palms.

    Love the support and comments... thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your way with pastels. This is beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!