Skip to main content

WATER EVERYWHERE

A SLICE OF THE SEA
18"h x 12"w pastel
$575 + $20 insured, priority shipping
I seem to write about water a lot, but perhaps that is typical when living next to the Ocean? Come to think about it, I have lived near water much of my life. I spent thirteen years in Houston where I traveled frequently to Galveston and grew up near Lake Erie in Ohio. Funny thing is that with a love for water, amazingly I don't swim well. In fact, my strokes are limited and efficient with just the dog paddle movement. But it does get me where I want to go - slowly, but surely.

Yet I do love the roll of the waves and how the water sparkles when the sun hits it. And the sound of the waves are deafening, yet mesmerizing. Almost as fun as clouds!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much Theresa. I appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    Welcome to Daily Painters.
    Your water is fantastic!! I have been working on water as well but you leave me in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan...this piece is breathtaking!!! i absolutely love it. Well Done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To all, thank you for taking the time to look at my art! Gives credence as to why we struggle as Artists.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

BLAZING RED

GLOW 11"h x 14"w pastel black with gold trim frame sold -   private collector Night fell fast. The lower half of a thick strand of dark clouds turned blazing-red from the sun as it dropped to the horizon. And the night glowed.

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!