Skip to main content

WHERE'S THE HORSES?

2 BARNS
4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel
8" white archival matte, glass + gold leaf
$150 + $15 insured priority shipping
Our little trip today is back to Catalina Island.

I was originally on a search for those pesky wildflowers. During my hike - and dragging all of my art equipment - I spotted some horse barns. Several were nestled in a field surrounded by shrubs and trees. The storm had just passed and the sky was almost void of color, while the air was crisp.

But where are the horses?

Comments

  1. Oh what a great piece...these barns are a must for a collector! well done Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your movement in this piece...like the warmth of the barns tucked into the beautiful cool greens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the movement and deep color of your work-very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone - maybe I should start hanging out in the barns more often?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sold! GLOW, by Susan Roden

GLOW 11" x 14" soft pastel SOLD - private collector So nice this pastel went to a wonderful home! Now I'll live in my memories of the Petrified Forest  National Park, where I did a residency and was  the inspiration for this painting. Thank you!

FRIDAY BREAK

2 + A HOLE 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pastel 8" square white archival matte, glass + gold leaf frame PRIVATE COLLECTOR It's been a long week getting everything together for the opening of Frayed , so decided I needed a sweet treat to chill out. Nothing like a frosted donut which is always so yummy! When I was young my Mother used to make homemade donuts, which is indescribable. At that time my sister and 3 brothers fought over the "holes", which were a perfect one-bite affair that always melted in our mouths. Those were the days!

MEMORIES AND FAVORITES

DIGNITY pastel SOLD - PRIVATE COLLECTOR After the holidays, I begun to reminisce of people from my past.    Reflecting, I realize that life experiences have  enriched me greatly in so many ways.  Dignity is not only of a friend I lost touch with,  but also a personal, favorite painting that went to another home. Fond memories.... gone but not forgotten.